The SOLS shared OverDrive collection saw record growth in many ways last year. Here’s an update + what to expect in 2017:
2016 saw the highest number of checkouts to date, at 2,207,426. This was one of the highest annual checkout totals for any system in North America, and daily usage averages 21,000+ visits per day to the Ontario Download Centre website. We commend all member libraries for promoting the collection and making it a well-used service!
A recent collections review and patron survey revealed:
- Circulation grew 13% last year
- Checkouts of children’s titles increased by 27%
- The most popular reading device remains the tablet
- Top 3 subjects: Romance, Mystery, and Thriller
- Core patron base: females 34+
- The demand for audiobooks is increasing
In the coming year, this data will be used to grow a collection that continues to serve our patron base and also engages new readers.
Coming Soon: the new SOLS OverDrive website will go live on May 1. The reengineered platform will offer patrons new ways to discover great reads, and staff will have more options for curation (including new features for Advantage libraries). We will provide more updates and training as the launch date approaches.