SOLS and the Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC) are pleased to announce that the open access title for Together We Read: Ontario will be the 2017 winner of the Trillium Book Award: The Sweetest One by Melanie Mah. The Sweetest One, published by Cormorant Books, will be open to all participating libraries in simultaneous use format from Oct. 16 – 30.
In total, 236 public libraries in Ontario are participating – The Ontario Library Service Download Centre (all 197 member libraries) +
- Richmond Hill
- Kingston Frontenac
- Libraries on the Go Consortium (Barrie, Innisfil, Middlessex, Milton, Oakville)
- Simcoe County Library Cooperative
- The downloadLibrary Consortium (Stratford, Cambridge, Kitchener, Perth County, Region Of Waterloo, Waterloo)
For libraries also participating in OverDrive’s upcoming Big Library Read (Oct. 12 – 26), please note that OverDrive cannot display both titles on your site at the same time. However, after Oct. 16 the BLR title can continue to be promoted via a curated list, or on your Teens page since it’s a YA title.
If you would like to tweet about the program, here are some hashtags, handles and sites to use:
- @OMDCtweets ; http://www.omdc.on.ca/ ; http://www.omdc.on.ca/book/trillium_book_award.htm
- @solslib; https://www.sols.org/
- @lemonyhams (Melanie Mah)
We are very excited to be able to coordinate this with a fellow agency of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport – it’s a great opportunity to promote the work of an award-winning Ontario author during Ontario Public Library Week.