2017 was a record year for the SOLS shared collection: the consortium was one of only 5 systems to reach over 2 million checkouts. This puts us in the top 14 for all OverDrive libraries and systems worldwide!
Here’s a quick rundown of 2017 by the numbers:
- We had 2,337,854 checkouts in 2017
- 76% of checkouts were ebooks
- 24% percent were audiobooks
- Since inception, we’ve had 10,842,372 checkouts
- Per-circulation costs are now less than 40 cents (anything under $1 is great!)
- The shared collection is worth $2.7 million USD
- The collection has 196 member libraries, about half have Advantage accounts
- Holdings are at 78,657 unique titles and 127,641 copies
- 6 member libraries now share their own titles via the Advantage Plus plan
Patrons can now see live checkouts from the Dashboard that has been posted on the Download Centre site. In 2018, SOLS staff will work to further promote Ontario authors and literature by curating several collections that highlight these works.