FUNDING & GRANTS
Deadline: Saturday, June 30, 2018.
- The application process for the ASPL opened at the end of January 2018.
- All libraries and contracting municipalities in receipt of provincial funding must complete the Annual Survey of Public Libraries (ASPL). This is just the statistical part of the work, not the funding part. To receive PLOG funding, you need to complete the PLOG application (see entry below).
- The ASPL is completed through a website called GO-Secure, found at https://www.iam.security.gov.on.ca/ . If you completed the ASPL last year, you do not have to re-register but you may need to update your password.
- The actual ASPL database is posted at https://edcs.tcu.gov.on.ca/Main/EDUPortal.aspx. You have to enter your GO Secure ID (that is, your e-mail address) and your Password to get into site. TIP: Do not just use Google to find this site as you may end up at a Ministry of Health site or other - the database used for the ASPL is under the Ministry of Education.
- Instructions on completing the ASPL as well as a blank copy of the survey (as a working draft copy) are provided on the main ASPL page.
- SOLS staff have compiled statistics that you will need for Section C: Holdings - for use in the ASPL if you participated in the OverDrive Provincial Consortium, Archambault Consortium or purchased specific products using the "Provincial Licensing" offers in 2017.
- Staff at Our Digital World (ODW) have compiled a guide to help you complete the ASPL in the area of Special Collections when you use the VITA toolkit.
- The Ministry staff responsible for the Annual Survey of Public Libraries are Adam Haviaras (416 314-7158) and Rod Sawyer (416-314-7627).