COLLECTIONS & COLLECTIVE PURCHASING
Products made available through SOLS’s participation in country-wide Consortia Canada offers. Licenses for these products are negotiated between the participating vendors and the lead consortium for each offer.
Need help choosing e-resources products?
Download our E-resources Evaluation Forms.
They list all the available products and give some criteria to help you make decisions.
- Provincial E-resources Evaluation Form (.xls)
- Supplemental E-resources Evaluation Form (.xls)
- Ordering for Provincial Licensing runs from Sept. 21 – Oct. 30, 2020.
- Ordering for Supplemental Licensing runs from Sept. 28 – Nov. 13, 2020.
- Each year, libraries need to place orders for all products, even if purchasing the same products as last year.
- Pricing quoted to SOLS by vendors is final, and individual libraries should not be offered off-list pricing. Should you have a different experience with any participating vendor, feel free to contact Beth Harding, as this practice undermines the value and purpose of a consortial purchasing program.
- Pricing based on population served will use the 2016 Census Data again this year.
- Pricing based on the number of cardholders or circulation data will use the 2018 Ontario Public Library Statistics as provided by the Ministry.
Quick Facts - E-resources Licensing
For any account or technical issues with your provincial licenses, please see our list of vendor technical contacts.
The Professional Resources in Learn HQ have a Technology guide with a detailed “E-resources” section, with helpful information on selecting, organizing, managing and providing access to to digital resources.
LearnHQ also offers learning opportunities in Collection Management Skills Development.