COLLECTIONS & COLLECTIVE PURCHASING
- Ordering for Provincial Licensing runs from Sept. 4 – Oct. 19, 2018.
- Ordering for Supplemental Licensing runs from Sept. 24 – Nov. 9, 2018.
- Provincial Licensing products and base prices are same, but libraries still need to place orders for all products, even if purchasing the same products as last year.
- Pricing quoted to SOLS by vendors is final, and individual libraries should not be offered off-list pricing. Should you have a different experience with any participating vendor, feel free to contact Beth Harding, as this practice undermines the value and purpose of a consortia purchasing program.
- Pricing based on population served will use the 2016 Census Data again this year. For libraries that have service contracts with neighbouring municipalities, their populations are also a factor. Please review the SOLS Census data and contact us if you anticipate any contract changes for 2019.
- Pricing based on the number of cardholders or circulation data will use the 2016 Ontario Public Library Statistics as provided by the Ministry.
Quick Facts - E-resources Licensing
For any account or technical issues with your provincial licenses, please see our list of vendor technical contacts.
The Professional Resources in Learn HQ have a Technology guide with a detailed “E-resources” section, with helpful information on selecting, organizing, managing and providing access to to digital resources.
LearnHQ also offers learning opportunities in Collection Management Skills Development.