ELECTION TO SOLS BOARD
To be eligible to run for election to SOLS Board and to vote in the election, one must be appointed to their Trustee Council by a library board. In cases where multiple trustees from a library participate in Trustee Council meetings, only the appointee may participate in the election. If you are unclear as to your status, please contact Gelja Wegman.
- Each Trustee Council may elect one member to SOLS Board.
- Nominations may be made in advance of the meeting by email to your Trustee Council listserv (http://lists.library.on.ca/mailman/listinfo/), or at the meeting itself.
- A mover and a seconder is required for nominations. Interested members may nominate themselves with the support of a seconder.
- Nominees do not need to be present at the meeting, however, their willingness to stand for election should be established in advance.
- At the meeting, the SOLS staff representative will:
- Announce nominations already received and seek seconders if necessary.
- Open nominations to the floor.
- Close nominations and announce the slate of nominees.
- Facilitate voting by secret ballot.
- Announce the outcome.
- Destroy the ballots.